If you’re new to Community Sponsorship or looking for advice, below are some of our newest and most popular toolkit resources to get you started. Some of these resources will require you to register for an account. You can also contact us or book an application workshop if you need tailored support.
What's new in the toolkit?
- Getting Local Authority Consent - Access a consent form for your Local Authority to fill out.
- Common Arabic Words and Phrases- learn some words in Arabic to break the ice with the family you support.
- Guidance on Covid-19: some things to think about regarding Coronavirus for your Community Sponsorship Group
- Home-based activities and learning opportunities for refugees: Ideas to keep the resettled family entertained and interested during Covid-19 isolation.
- Preparing for what happens after 24 months of housing: ideas and strategies to talk to the family about moving to a new home.
- Preparing for uncomfortable conversations: A guide to help your Group prepare for important but awkward conversations with the family you support.
- Considering the impact of trauma: How does trauma affect individuals differently and how can you protect your own wellbeing when working with traumatised individuals
- Adopting an empowerment approach to housing provision-Empowering refugees to understand their housing obligations
- Working with landlords- A discussion of how to approach working with private landlords
- Preparing a fact sheet for the family you will support - access a template you can use for the family to see ahead of their arrival in the UK
Which resources are popular with Groups?
- Dealing with Challenging Situations- Supporting a refugee family is not always easy. This resource gives a general overview of how to approach common challenges and links to more specific resources.
- Supporting Refugees to Access Healthcare- A guide to help refugees access different healthcare services in the UK
- Record Keeping- Suggestions on how to effectively keep records about the support your Group members are providing
- Opening a Bank Account- A guide to setting up bank accounts for newly-arrived refugees
- Divorce and Separation- We provide you with approaches to this challenge
- Writing your Application- A question by question guide to answer each application question
- Defining Boundaries and your Support- Setting realistic expectations for your support