If you’re new to Community Sponsorship or looking for advice, below are some of our newest and most popular toolkit resources to get you started. Some of these resources will require you to register for an account. You can also contact us or book an application workshop if you need tailored support.
- Managing Financial Disappointment - Learn how to support families to budget when they are reliant on the money received through benefits. This resource includes updated downloadable budget planners translated into Arabic and Kurdish Kurmanji.
- Adapting your support resources - Learn how to approach supporting families during the pandemic. It's a series of resources focusing on a range of topics ranging from your Sponsor obligations to guidance on how to support families to use technology
- Experts by Experience: Adjusting to the British Education System - Experts by Experience is another new series of resources on our training website in which we talk to people resettled through Community Sponsorship about their experiences. In this resource Khadeja talks about getting used to the British Education System and helping her children to do the same.
- Experts by Experience: Mohammad's 5 Tips for Learning English Quickly - A resource available in Arabic outlining some top tips on becoming fluent in English
- Dealing with challenges: Employment and Volunteering during Covid Restrictions - Supporting newly arrived refugees into employment can be difficult at the best of times and poses a significant challenge during the pandemic. In this resource we offer some tips on what to consider if you are supporting someone to access volunteering or employment right now.
- CV writing and applying for jobs - Learn how to best support refugees to create their first CV and start applying for jobs.