Access links and guidance for refugees in Scotland
Refugee Specialist Support
Scottish Refugee Council can offer refugees support and advice on employability. They also work with employers such as Greggs, Starbucks and others to support refugees with short training courses which provide people with:
- An understanding of the UK job market
- Where to look for work
- Identifying transferable skills
- Creating CVs
- Advice on completing application forms and the application process
- Interview skills and mock interviews
There are also other organisations that offer support locally such as the Bridges Programme.
General employment support
- Fair Start Scotland is the Scottish mainstream employment support service, which helps people living in Scotland to find work. Refugees are entitled to access support from this service. Choosing to take part in Fair Start Scotland is voluntary and will not affect benefit eligibility. Find out more about Fair Start Scotland here.
- Skills development Scotland works with a range of employment-based activities, including careers advice, apprenticeships and building employability skills.