Reset's Community Sponsorship Training
We’ve recently made some changes to our training and have split it into two parts in order to provide Community Sponsorship Groups with the support they need when they need it. This is based on the feedback Groups have been given us over the past two years, we know there’s a lot of information to take in at our sessions!
Training Part 1: Planning your Support
Here’s some things to know about the first part of our required training:
- Part 1 sessions are delivered as a one-hour webinar on Zoom. You can find our webinar schedule with registration links below allowing core Group members to attend whichever training date works best for their schedule.
- This session is for core Group members (these are the people who lead the teams or areas of work on your application)
- This training should be received in the early stages of your planning and before you have submitted an application to the Home Office.
- This session includes information about the refugee resettlement process, planning your support to a refugee family, engaging local stakeholders and navigating the application process
|Part one training date *||Time||Webinar registration link|
Saturday, 22 August 2020
Tuesday, 8 September 2020
Saturday, 26 September 2020
Training Part 2: Supporting Refugees
Here are a few things to know about the second part of our required training:
- The training lasts for three hours and can take place on weekends or weekdays, depending on Reset's availability.
- Reset staff will travel to your region to conduct the training for your Group.
- The training is designed to be delivered as close as possible to the arrival of the family you will support.
- To attend, your Group should have submitted your application to the Home Office. The Home Office will refer you to us if you submit the application without having booked/attended training.
- There is no set number for how many Group members can attend a training session.
- In this session we’ll discuss cultural awareness, empowerment, setting boundaries in your support and the logistics of planning for arrival.
When it is safe to do so, training sessions will take place around the UK on a regular basis. Find a schedule of upcoming training dates below or get in touch with us to book your Part 2 training.
There are currently no training dates to display. Please check back again soon.
Training: Application workshops
Reset also offers application workshops to help Community Sponsorship Groups build momentum and speed through the application process. Although the process of submitting an application to the Home Office is rightly rigorous, we believe that by helping you to submit a high-quality application in a shorter timeframe, your Group can focus on preparing to welcome a refugee family in your community. We recognise that each Group is different and encounters unique barriers throughout their Community Sponsorship journey, so we will work with you to tailor each workshop to your specific needs. Reset staff members will travel to your Group’s location or we can conduct a session over the phone. Find out more about the workshops here!