Access the ‘Welcome to the UK’ booklet that is provided during the arrival process
Groups have found it useful to refer to this booklet and the information it contains to remind the family they are supporting about life in the UK. This is provided to refugees before they arrive in the UK, and should be provided in hard copy to your group. The booklet was created in 2018/9 by the Home Office, who have given us permission to produce this here.
You can download sections of the ‘Welcome to the UK’ booklet by following the links below.
- Cover and Introduction
- Chapter 1: Introduction to the UK
- Chapter 2: Travelling to the UK
- Chapter 3: Arriving in the UK
- Chapter 4: Employment and Benefits
- Chapter 5: Housing and Services
- Chapter 6: Education
- Chapter 7: Legal Rights and Responsibilities
- Chapter 8: Healthcare
- Chapter 9: Cultural Adaptation
- Chapter 10: Useful Contacts
- A Guide for Young People
- A Guide for Children