Download sections of the 'Welcome to the UK' booklet that is provided to refugees before they arrive in the UK, and should be provided in hard copy to your Group.
Groups have found it useful to refer to this booklet and the information contained within to remind the family they are supporting about life in the UK.
- COVER AND INTRODUCTION
- CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION TO THE UK
- CHAPTER TWO: TRAVELLING TO THE UK
- CHAPTER THREE: ARRIVING IN THE UK
- CHAPTER FOUR: EMPLOYMENT AND BENEFITS
- CHAPTER FIVE: HOUSING AND SERVICES
- CHAPTER SIX: EDUCATION
- CHAPTER SEVEN: LEGAL RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- CHAPTER EIGHT: HEALTHCARE
- CHAPTER NINE: CULTURAL ADAPTATION
- CHAPTER TEN: USEFUL CONTACTS
- A GUIDE FOR YOUNG PEOPLE
- A GUIDE FOR CHILDREN